Grants from the Columbus Jewish Foundation Lenore Schottenstein and Community Jewish Arts Fund and other related Jewish arts endowments are made to enhance greater public awareness of the Jewish arts in Central Ohio. Emphasis is on:
- Stimulating greater public appreciation for the arts in Jewish life through arts programs of high artistic merit,
- Promoting and enhancing participation in Jewish art activities and events, or
- Encouraging activities furthering the enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of visual, performing and/or media arts with Jewish content and/or relevance to the Jewish experience.
Certain projects may be eligible for multi-year funding, particularly if they are integral to the successful implementation of clearly defined strategic planning objectives. Continued funding is contingent upon measurable success in meeting the strategic objectives and available funds.
Supplemental Application Guidelines
1. Mini-grants are capped at $2,500. An organization can submit only one mini-grant application per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
2. Requests for media productions or permanent acquisitions are strongly discouraged because of funding limitations.
3. Capital improvements, construction or the purchase of permanent equipment or real estate are ineligible for support.
4. Programs not specific to the agency’s clients (such as students) must be open to the community (such as concerts, art exhibits).
5. Eligible proposals may include dance, literature, music, theater, visual arts, Jewish historical exhibits, public performances or exhibitions, or the creation of new works.
6. When participation in an artistic activity is based on an invitation or a jury process, applicants must explain the means to ensure systematic, unbiased selection.
7. Proposals must identify additional funding sources.
8. Programs and events may be fee charging.
Click here to apply for a Grant.