Job Title: Administrative Assistant to COO and CDO
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and name the job you wish to apply to in the subject line.
This is an amazing time to join JewishColumbus. We are two years into an integrated partnership of the Jewish Federation of Columbus and the Columbus Jewish Foundation. Our annual campaign brought in over $5.6MM in 2020 and our Foundation holds $140MM in assets. We are the community convener; we respond to crisis and ensure a strong future for the Columbus Jewish community through robust and trusting partnerships with local Jewish agencies and synagogues. We are innovative. We are inclusive. We challenge the status quo and strive to be at the forefront of trends within the Jewish and non-profit communities. Work for an organization where your time and talent will be valued, and your voice will be heard.
The administrative assistant will provide support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Development Officer (CDO). Through calendar management, HR coordination, operations support and managing donor meetings and communication, this critical role will streamline processes and maximize efficiency.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer and Chief Development Officer
Span of control: No direct reports
- Manage calendars for COO and CDO, ensuring effective communication with stakeholders and efficient scheduling.
- Own key organizational calendars, including Financial Resource Development (FRD) and Operations. Work across teams to ensure calendars are up to date, keep teams on track through reminder emails and help manage deadlines.
- Maintain HR calendar and support follow up on key talent milestones throughout the years, including performance reviews, talent calibrations, open enrollment and annual employee increases as applicable.
Financial Resource Development (FRD):
- Partner with CDO to develop and track deliverables related to major donor solicitation. Ensure updated information is captured in database.
- Continuously monitor FRD metrics for team, in partnership with CDO. Proactively assist in identifying metrics that are at risk or off-track and develop system to follow up as needed.
- Assist in preparation and follow up for partner agency and synagogue solicitation materials and pulling data.
- Stay up to date with local news and NGO materials to assist in identification of prospective donors. Partner with database Coordinator and CDO to include donor prospects in database and staff portfolios.
- Manage employee files, ensuring they are up to date and comply with legal standards. Lead transition from paper-based filing to electronic system.
- Update and maintain organization charts.
- Assist with creation of job descriptions, posting open roles, monitoring applications and reviewing candidates.
- Coordinate key HR meetings throughout the employment lifecycle for JewishColumbus employees, including onboarding meetings, new hire orientation for new employees and exit interviews.
- Support coordination of meetings for JewishColumbus’ leadership development program.
- Manage database and reporting for PJ library subscriptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams.
- Comfort with learning new systems and navigating through a database.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, including professional staff, Board members, lay leaders and donors.
- Strong bias for action and ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and pay close attention to details.
- Experience in a customer facing environment, with demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.