Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and name the job you wish to apply to in the subject line.
This is an amazing time to join JewishColumbus. We are two years into an integrated partnership of the Jewish Federation of Columbus and the Columbus Jewish Foundation. Our annual campaign brought in over $5.6MM in 2020 and our Foundation holds $140MM in assets. We are the community convener; we respond to crisis and ensure a strong future for the Columbus Jewish community through robust and trusting partnerships with local Jewish agencies and synagogues. We are innovative. We are inclusive. We challenge the status quo and strive to be at the forefront of trends within the Jewish and non-profit communities. Work for an organization where your time and talent will be valued, and your voice will be heard. For more information about the Columbus Jewish community and JewishColumbus, visit our website at www.jewishcolumbus.org.
Performs a variety of accounting functions and activities including overall day-to-day management of the Accounting department, supervision of staff, monthly closings, financial statements, budget preparation, developing and implementing accounting systems and procedures, and researching, analyzing and resolving problems.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- Provides day-to-day oversight and management of accounting department activities in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Supervises department staff performing A/R, A/P and database related functions
- Conducts, manages and analyzes a variety of accounting activities, including monthly closings, year-end closings, fixed asset/prepaid expense accounting, financial statements/reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and ad-hoc reporting
- Processes payroll and performs payroll accounting and related reconciliation
- Responsible for cash management, electronic funds transfer, and bank reconciliations
- Collaborates with Chief Financial Officer in creating the annual budget, related accounting system input, monthly variance reporting, and monthly performance meetings with leadership
- Collaborates with Chief Financial Officer in designing and implementing accounting systems and procedures
- Provides data necessary to complete annual independent audit, 990 and 5500 filings
- Responds to budget requests/ issues from other departments as appropriate
- Manages access for participants of database
- Acts as backup to finance associate role
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Previous experience in a non-profit (fund accounting) environment
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures including information systems
- Proficiency with personal computer including MS Office Applications – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven supervision and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong keyboarding and 10-Key skills
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online software
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under time pressure constraints
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The employee must have the ability to travel and work weekends and evenings when needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, B.S in Accounting preferred
- Five years of general accounting experience in a non-profit environment with supervisory responsibilities.